Hello! This is my first post. I hope I get some interest. I will be posting every week or so, each time writing about a new topic in a kid's point of view. (I am just some random student in middle school.) I wonder what an adult's reaction to this will be like, and I wonder if both adults and children can gain insight from each other and possibly make the world a better place. (Disclaimer: You may disagree with what I say. That's OK. Just please don't swear in the comments or anything.) I'm going to start by talking about how point of view differs from an adult's to a child's.
As soon as a baby is born, it is unbiased in any direction, right or left. But as life goes on, they are bombarded with information that intrigues them, and yet destroys them. This is a natural process that although is necessary to prepare for adulthood, puts impurities into a child's mind. During childhood, kids trust everyone. They trust people, animals, and in the universe. They trust that life, although it can be hard at times, will wind up to a good conclusion. Everyday is a happy day, only if basic human needs from Maslow's hierarchy of needs are fulfilled.
Adults, however, spend every day in fear and stress, anger and exhaustion. Their minds are filled with unnecessary information that degrades their lives. "Will my boss fire me?" "Will my spouse ever be responsible?" "When will I find time to write my will?" "What if I get forced to work overtime?" "Why is my salary at the minimum wage?" "Did we get our visa renewed?" "When do the polls close?" "Are my children doing well in school?" "How did Donald Trump win the election?"
Of course, some of these concerns are necessary for the innovation and promotion of society. After all, ignorance always bows to tyranny. It is important for children to learn some horrible things that happen in the world. Racism. Sexism. Religious discrimination. Sexual slavery. Child soldiers. We must learn those things-it's immoral to keep us in the dark about terrible things that happen in real life and could affect us today. But it is unnecessary to worry and fear about things that probably won't really happen.
Adults live today in a perpetual state of fear. They fear the next thing to come, the next thing to happen, and the next credit card payment. Really, they fear everything. I do understand that grown-ups currently at war, or trapped in a war, definitely will fear. That much is true. But again, there's no need to stress out over everything. Stressing won't fix anything-it'll just make it worse. Children naturally follow their adult examples. You stress, we stress. We begin to live on the same 'fear everything' idea by going through a process of being attacked by fear and information from every side. I, too, am going through that process.
I, too, will soon fear everything.
We can fix this, however. All adults have to do is to stop worrying so much. Think about how much we have in life right now and how much of a blessing it is. Think about how not worrying will lead to actually getting things done. Stop worrying about problems-fix them! We will follow your example.
After all, we're kids.
As soon as a baby is born, it is unbiased in any direction, right or left. But as life goes on, they are bombarded with information that intrigues them, and yet destroys them. This is a natural process that although is necessary to prepare for adulthood, puts impurities into a child's mind. During childhood, kids trust everyone. They trust people, animals, and in the universe. They trust that life, although it can be hard at times, will wind up to a good conclusion. Everyday is a happy day, only if basic human needs from Maslow's hierarchy of needs are fulfilled.
Adults, however, spend every day in fear and stress, anger and exhaustion. Their minds are filled with unnecessary information that degrades their lives. "Will my boss fire me?" "Will my spouse ever be responsible?" "When will I find time to write my will?" "What if I get forced to work overtime?" "Why is my salary at the minimum wage?" "Did we get our visa renewed?" "When do the polls close?" "Are my children doing well in school?" "How did Donald Trump win the election?"
Of course, some of these concerns are necessary for the innovation and promotion of society. After all, ignorance always bows to tyranny. It is important for children to learn some horrible things that happen in the world. Racism. Sexism. Religious discrimination. Sexual slavery. Child soldiers. We must learn those things-it's immoral to keep us in the dark about terrible things that happen in real life and could affect us today. But it is unnecessary to worry and fear about things that probably won't really happen.
Adults live today in a perpetual state of fear. They fear the next thing to come, the next thing to happen, and the next credit card payment. Really, they fear everything. I do understand that grown-ups currently at war, or trapped in a war, definitely will fear. That much is true. But again, there's no need to stress out over everything. Stressing won't fix anything-it'll just make it worse. Children naturally follow their adult examples. You stress, we stress. We begin to live on the same 'fear everything' idea by going through a process of being attacked by fear and information from every side. I, too, am going through that process.
I, too, will soon fear everything.
We can fix this, however. All adults have to do is to stop worrying so much. Think about how much we have in life right now and how much of a blessing it is. Think about how not worrying will lead to actually getting things done. Stop worrying about problems-fix them! We will follow your example.
After all, we're kids.
Comments
Post a Comment